‘I have come in order that you might have life – life in all its fullness.’ John: 10 v10
At NCEA our purpose is to educate the whole child by providing a rich curriculum which is broad, balanced and intellectually fulfilling; providing our students with a sense of awe and wonder and a thirst for learning. Our curriculum develops characteristics that enable students to achieve academically and personally - aspiration, resilience, independence, self-motivation, engagement and confidence. It is underpinned by our ARCH values of Achievement, Respect, Charity, Humility, with the keystone of Jesus, and supported by wisdom and service.
Through our curriculum offer we aim to develop responsible, active members of society who can experience and appreciate life in all its fullness by
- Ensuring knowledge and skills build both on what has been taught and towards expected end points, securing strong outcomes.
- Reflecting local context
- Providing a curriculum that is flexible and responsive to the needs of a range of learners
- Developing unique talents and abilities
- Exposing students to the best that has been thought and said, broadening their horizons and learning beyond the classroom
- Growing spiritually, morally, socially and culturally, including developing an understanding of British values
- Give access to training, work related learning, further education and employment to prepare students for life and work.