Nottingham Energy Partnership
Nottingham Energy Partnership are a charity based in Nottingham and have sent us some information regarding their Warm Homes Hub scheme which is offering a fuel poverty support package for Ashfield families. They are aware that there are currently many people finding themselves in difficult situations, both living and financial, due to COVID and the cold snap we experienced this month.
They have launched an Advice Hub at Additional support for Nottingham City & County residents - Warm Homes Hub
The Hub’s free and subsidised support includes:
- Fuel vouchers and bill discounts to help cover the costs of gas, electricity and water bills
- Over the phone energy switching support, particularly helpful to those with no internet access who may have gotten stuck with an expensive tariff
- Financial support to get broken or faulty boilers repaired or replaced
- Heating improvements, such as a 1st time gas central heating system (and a gas connection) for those relying on old or inefficient portable storage heaters such as electric heaters, panel heaters, gas room heaters or a gas fire
- Home insulation, such as cavity wall and loft insulation (loft top ups are available too!) to help keep the heat in
- Benefit checks to ensure the family is claiming the financial support they are entitled to
- Priority Services Register, which ensures that in the event of a power cut, families with children under the age of 5, family members who rely on medical equipment, or have a serious illness or disability can receive additional support
- Referrals to other organisations for advice with debt, food parcels or similar
To get in touch with Nottingham Energy Partnership for further support and advice you can call 0115 985 3000, or enquire online via https://warmhomeshub.com/advicehub/. The scheme is backed by Nottinghamshire County Council.