any items that are not on this list are not permitted in the academy.
- Navy blue blazer with academy badge. Jumpers underneath the academy blazer are not permitted.
- Pale blue shirt (long or short sleeves) tucked in at all times.
- Clip‐on academy tie.
- Branded black skirt or branded black trousers.
- Plain, low heeled polishable shoes (not plimsolls, canvas trainers or boots)
- Must be worn over the academy blazer. High visibility clothing for safety, in winter, or on bikes is actively encouraged.
- Hooded / tracksuit tops are not permitted and will not be acknowledged as a coat.
Jewellery, hair, make up and nails:
- Rings are not permitted.
- One small earring per ear (stud), worn in the ear lobe only, which must be removed for PE.
- Other piercings are not allowed and will be asked to be removed.
- One wrist watch is permitted (not a smart watch). Watches must be removed for PE.
- Hairstyles must not attract undue attention to an individual and must only be natural colours and mainstream styles e.g. adding colours such as blue, red and green. Staff discretion will apply.
- Lightly applied natural looking make up only and single colour nail polish only. False eyelashes will not be permitted.
- Artificial nail coverings of any length or type are not permitted. There are health and safety concerns associated with these, especially regarding physical activity. They will require removal.
- To prevent loss, please avoid bringing valuables.
- Make sure you keep purses, keys, etc. with you at all times.
- Name/label all personal items.
- Any form of aerosol deodorant is prohibited. Students who wish to apply deodorant after PE must ensure they bring only roll‐on deodorants.
- All forms of mobile technology, including smart watches, are not permitted.
parents are advised not to purchase items that are not permitted for students use in school
- Navy/sky reversible rugby shirt with academy logo OR navy/sky/white hoodie shirt with academy logo.
- Navy jogging bottoms with academy logo OR plain unbranded navy jogging bottoms. Joggers must be plain Navy (with no branding) or school badged joggers. (Students arriving with branded (Nike, adidas etc. bottoms, will be issued with an after‐school detention)
- Navy/sky sports socks must be worn.
- Navy shorts or skirt with academy logo.
- Navy/sky/white polo shirt with academy logo.
- Trainers and football boots.
- Students can wear plain black or navy skins/ thermal BUT these must be under their PE shorts or t shirt
Important health and safety equipment:
- Students must have shin pads and gum shields.
Suppliers and stockists
To enable families to have wide choice of where to buy uniform items from, we work with two local suppliers; Schoolwear Solutions in Mapperley, together with Hucknall Sports based in Hucknall.
Schoolwear Solutions do offer the facility to order via their website: www.schoolwearsolutions.com together with all suppliers offering families the chance to visit their shop and try on the individual items.